Takes me back to the days of youth group and chilling after hours. Now we are all old: our leader has been married for a couple of years now, I am done with college and getting married, and the other two have been in college for almost 4 years. It's so encouraging meeting up during our busy lives and actually making the effort to, not just because we were in a group, but because we actually want to hang out.
Throughout the night I was just praising God and thinking about how he's brought us all to this point; this point of still wanting to worship Him. I'm sure college has been a big part in molding and shaping us into the people we have become today. For example, this one guy, who used to be a quiet little boy, now at least a couple inches taller than me, who wouldn't really want to sing in front of the congregation, who told me he would lip sync (or maybe I made that up? haha) when yg led worship, was now leading us in worship during our jam session. Teaching us new songs he learned in college, singing and playing the guitar while we had the drums and electric going, I thought this was a YAY GOD moment.
Throughout the night I was just praising God and thinking about how he's brought us all to this point; this point of still wanting to worship Him. I'm sure college has been a big part in molding and shaping us into the people we have become today. For example, this one guy, who used to be a quiet little boy, now at least a couple inches taller than me, who wouldn't really want to sing in front of the congregation, who told me he would lip sync (or maybe I made that up? haha) when yg led worship, was now leading us in worship during our jam session. Teaching us new songs he learned in college, singing and playing the guitar while we had the drums and electric going, I thought this was a YAY GOD moment.
Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty
We are not the same people as we were in youth group, nor are we able to make it like it was before, but I'm so blessed to have my brothers in Christ to show me how God is working in their lives and in return, I am able to praise God through that.
This is such an awesome song (found this again while jamming), one in which I want to always keep to remember He's the one that found us, changed us, and gave us all that we need.
Covered by the blood of the Lamb,
:{ ms stache
No comments:
Post a Comment